According to Colorado’s Division of Insurance, the following changes to the Individual market are effective January 1, 2017:
- Humana and United Healthcare will no longer be offering Individual plans in Colorado in 2017.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans will be exiting the Individual market in all counties EXCEPT Mesa.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is eliminating its Individual PPO and will be offering HMO only statewide.
- Many of the remaining carriers are requesting significant rate increases for their individual products.
- A new carrier, Bright Health Plans, will be offering Individual plans in Summit County and along the Front Range.
Click here to read the announcement from DORA.
These changes will impact approximately 90,000 subscribers.
The Solution? Think about offering Group Benefits. The small group market is not expecting much change at all in 2017. Similar plans and very low increases (even some decreases) in premiums.
Please contact April Trulove with Questions.